Sunday, 23 February 2014

calico and vintage lace


A bag I have made for a customer.
I stamped some designs on the material before construction
The lady is also stamped but on iron on first


The flowers are hand crocheted by me ( I need to practice a bit more to make them look perfect)


The matching purse made in the same way



Thanks for visiting

Jolanda x



February's MAGAM make finished before the end of Feb!!!


Another make from my 1 euro a metre stash!
When I decided to use it for this skirt I didn't realise that it was stretchy! fortunately
I have enough left to make some trousers out of it too!


Even though it was so cheap to buy it was a dream to sew with



The only bit I found difficult was how to do the hem as this is a fake wrap over
so the underneath part of the front was left out of the side seam just at the hem area.
it looks ok


Now to decide what to do next!

Jolanda x

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

MAGAM - make for February

 After having a couple of days to relax after my last make I have decided to go with a skirt.
Hopefully this one won't be too difficult.


The skirt will be made from the dark striped material and I will use the lighter one for the facings.



This patter is from Knipmode magazine June 2013


Bye for now

Jolanda x

lip salve keyrings and purses


 I saw a friend had her lipsalve on a keyring


 such a good idea, just squeeze the bottom and the lip salve pops up.


 so I thought I would make some and put them on my facebook page for sale.




Thanks for visiting

Jolanda x

Sunday, 9 February 2014

Better Late than Never??



Oh dear I am late with the MAGAM challenge AGAIN!!!!

This jacket was so hard.  There wasn't a lot in the way of instructions and what there was I didn't understand.

So I kind of muddled through it, but got there in the end. 
The sleeves were on and off several times, as the easing was so difficult I just couldn't get it flat; so they do have a little bit of gathering that shows.


I really didn't enjoy making it at all and am so glad its finally finished.
I'm not that pleased with the result but will wear it with my '50s style' dresses.

This jacket is being modelled by my new mannequin 'Ella'.
She was a gift from my neighbour! and is quite old.
I think she is from the 1960's but isn't quite complete as she needs some bits for her stand.
As she is made by adjustoform and is the model formella, she is named Ella :) 


Now I have to think of what to make for February!
It will have to be something fairly easy and quick for my sanity!!
I will have a think over the next couple of days and be back with you soon.


Jolanda x