Make a Garment a Month Challenge


Happy New Year to everyone.

Here is a pic of the dress under construction.
It just needs the neck facing turning under and the sleeves setting in.

I have actually finished this dress but I'm waiting for some decent light to take a photograph of it.
It only took me two days to complete even though I did a lot of hand tacking.
I love speed when sewing but hand tacking really makes a difference when stitching with knits.

 I always used to worry about the hems being 'bumpy' and stretched until I found out that using a twin needle for the hem gives a brilliant result Just put in your ballpoint twin needle and turn the top tension down to 2 (experiment on a piece of scrap material first to see what looks best) and sew your hem.
This is what it looks like on the back.

Bye for now

Jolanda x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assassin's Creed Inspired Coat

embroidered mobile phone cover

A New Bag For London Trip