A New Bag For London Trip

Bag for London 

A trip to London requires a new bag doesn't it?



I fancied a bit making something using a logo from Depeche Mode from A broken Frame album. 



First of all, I drew the shape in Illustrator and imported it into Husqvarna Viking 3D embroidery software.  Its a bit ancient but does the job!









For the bag flap I made an applique design and left it rough on the edges as the logo represents a scythe and a sheaf of wheat.  By making the border stitches quite narrow it allowed some strands from the fabric to stick out.
















I also copied the logo into the Fabric Decorator module to make the lining.







The bag strap was my first attempt at a continuous embroidery.  Its quite difficult to line up using an ordinary hoop - I definitely need practice with this or maybe stretch to buying a continuous/endless hoop.




The end product! a very useful cross body bag just big enough for the essentials



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assassin's Creed Inspired Coat

embroidered mobile phone cover