One thing I forgot to mention in my last post was
the method I used for hemming a quite stretchy knit.
Uusually a twin needle does the trick but this time it kept
missing stitches and looked very messy.
I read somewhere about using a fusible stretch stay tape in the hem,
but knowing I wouldn't be able to buy any here I though I would make some of my own,
It's much cheaper too!
I laid the stretch interfacing out on the cutting mat and cut strips of 1.5cm. I did quite a few
extra and wound them onto a piece of card for later.
I simply ironed the strips onto the inside of the hem and then
turned it up and stitched.
The hem came out really flat and very nice looking
I will certainly try this out again.
|I think you can just about see what I mean on the hem - sorry for bad photo|
Bye for now