Home made stretch stay tape




Hello everyone

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post was
the method I used for hemming a quite stretchy knit.

Uusually a twin needle does the trick but this time it kept
missing stitches and looked very messy.

I read somewhere about using a fusible stretch stay tape in the hem,
but knowing I wouldn't be able to buy any here I though I would make some of my own,
It's much cheaper too!

I laid the stretch interfacing out on the cutting mat and cut strips of 1.5cm.  I did quite a few
extra and wound them onto a piece of card for later.


I simply ironed the strips onto the inside of the hem and then
turned it up and stitched.
The hem came out really flat and very nice looking
I will certainly try this out again.

I think you can just about see what I mean on the hem - sorry for bad photo


Bye for now

Jolanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assassin's Creed Inspired Coat

A New Bag For London Trip

embroidered mobile phone cover